Saturday, November 30, 2013

Bars-haunted krispies

A friend of mine needed a sugar boost but I had to ship it to her.  I decided to go with a seasonal krispie treat because she loves marshmallow but also has a dog so I didn't want to add chocolate in case pooch broke into the box before she got home.


Spooky Candy Corn Rice Krispie treats


Ingredients:

3tbs butter
4c mini marshmallows
6c rice krispies
1c candy corn
Halloween sprinkles

Directions:

1.  Melt butter and marshmallows in a large pan over low heat.
2.  Removed from heat and mix in rice krispies and candy corn until well coated.
3.  Spread out on wax paper and cut out desired shapes and add sprinkles
4.  Set on wax paper or greased baking sheet to cool.
Yield 2 dozen


Notes:
-If I made these again I think I'd dip part of them in chocolate and maybe change the sprinkles a little but I liked the candy corn added in.


The Verdict:
Not a huge rice krispie treat fan myself but my little brother seemed to like them


Original Recipe from: Rice Krispies

No comments:

Post a Comment