Saturday, November 30, 2013

Cookies-Eyeball Oreo Truffles

More Halloween Treats :)

Oreo Truffle Eyeballs



Ingredients:

2c white chocolate chips
8oz cream cheese, softened
1pkg Halloween oreos
2-3 dozen gummy life savers (regular size)
Mini chocolate chips
Red gel icing

Directions:

1.  Pulverize oreos in food processor, then mix crushed oreos with cream cheese.
2.  Roll oreo mixture into 2tbs balls and freeze
3.  Melt white chocolate in large bowl.  Dip oreo balls into the white chocolate and then place the life savers and mini chocolate chips (iris and pupil respectively) so they stick in the chocolate.
4.  Once all your eyes are set you can draw veins on the eyes with the red gel icing.
Yield 2 dozen


Notes:
-If you don't have a food processor you can hand crush the oreos, put them in a plastic ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin or wooden meat tenderizer (just don't tear holes in the bag).
-I found a picture of these in the book I have link below but they used peanut butter instead of cream cheese.  I'm not a huge peanut butter fan which is why I switched it but I'm sure it would work just as well.


The Verdict:
They actually looked much better than I expected.  They ended up being the perfect size and of course they were delicious :)


Original Recipe from: Taste of Home:  Halloween Party Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment