Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Veggie Challenge-Zucchini salty

Day two of the veggie challenge is Zucchini!  I wanted something to snack on and I bounce between sweet and salty so I made one of each.


Zucchini Parmesan Crisps



Ingredients:

2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound total)
1 tbs olive oil
1/4c freshly grated Parmesan (3/4-ounce)
1/4c plain dry bread crumbs-I used grape nuts and ran them through the food processor
1/8tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper
I also used a small amount of garlic powder

Directions:

1.  Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2.  Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch thick rounds (mandolin slicer is a big help here).
3.  In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the oil. In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, salt, and a few turns of pepper.
4.  Dip each round into the Parmesan mixture, coating it evenly on both sides, pressing the coating on to stick, and place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
5.  Bake the zucchini rounds until browned and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove with spatula. Serve immediately.
Yield:  3-4 dozen




Notes:
-Took longer to prep than I expected but the directions were really straightforward
-The garlic powder was a good idea :)

The Verdict:
Very tasty, not as crispy as I was hoping but part of that could be my oven.  Might try it with really bread crumbs next time.


Original Recipe from: Food Network

No comments:

Post a Comment