December 14, 2012-Cherry Nutella Pecan Fudge
Ingredients:
1/2c nuts (I used pecans but any kind will work)1can sweetened condensed milk (14oz)
1tsp vanilla (or coffee liqueur)
1 1/2c semisweet chocolate chips
1c hazelnut spread (NUTELLA!!!)
3tbs butter
pinch of salt
1/2c dried cherries
Directions:
1. Put all ingredients into a pot on the stove and turn on low heat.2. Stir continuously as chocolate chips and butter melt (dice the butter don't put it in in 1 big piece like I did, I knew better) and mixture is fully blended and smooth. Do NOT boil/simmer
3. Stir in nuts and cherries and pour into foil lined and greased pan (I used 9x6in but 8x8in works best)
4. Spread evenly in the pan and let cool to room temp, then refrigerate for 3-4hrs.
5. Use foil to lift the fudge out so you can cut it into bite sized pieces
Yield ~5 dozen pieces
Notes:
-Any kind of nut will work in this recipe
-You could try varying the chocolate and/or the fruit as well (maybe a white chocolate almond butter, apricot, and almond fudge??)
-The original recipe using hazelnuts had you toast them in the oven at 250F for 20min before using them in the fudge
The Verdict:
-Well, I like it but I'd even eat a peanut butter cookie with nutella ;)
Original Recipe from: Annie's Eats


No comments:
Post a Comment