Saturday, December 15, 2012

25DoCC-Peppermint bark

I LOVE this stuff and I've always wanted to make it but I could never track down a recipe that sounded right (which is silly b/c it's SUPER simple)

December 15, 2012-Peppermint Bark


Ingredients:

2lbs (4c or 2 bags) white chocolate chips
1box (~1c) crushed peppermint candy canes
1/2tsp peppermint OIL (*I don't recommend extract)

Directions:

1. Melt the chocolate chips (I used the microwave, stirring between 20s intervals)
2. Stir in crushed candy canes and peppermint oil
3. Spread evenly on a foil wrapped baking sheet and refrigerate until hardened
4. Break into pieces and store (or eat) 
Yield 10x15in pan

Notes:
-*I haven't ever used the extract but it contains water which will seize chocolate and ruin your bark; use the oil, it worked beautifully


The Verdict:
-There might not be any left for me to take to school...or send to Nick


Original Recipe:  Martha Stewart 

No comments:

Post a Comment