Thursday, December 6, 2012

25DoCC2012-Reindeer Hooves

I love these things.  They are usually called "tiny turtles" but I think they look like reindeer hooves.  And yes I know they aren't technically cookies, but they are baked, bite sized, and delicious.

December 6, 2012-Reindeer Hooves


Ingredients:

1pkg Rolo candies, unwrapped
mini pretzels (regular or square)
pecan halves

Directions: 

1. Line a baking sheet (15x10in works well) with parchment paper or tin foil and line up the pretzels
2. Top the center of each pretezel with a Rolo
3. Bake @ 200F for 2-3min, until candies are shiny and soft
4. Remove from the oven and press pecan halves into the center of each Rolo
Yield ~4 dozen

Notes:
-You could also place the pecan halves on them before putting them in the oven.  Then all you have to do is press them down, I'm just not coordinated enough to keep from dropping them all over the place.
-I also thought of trying them with white chocolate pretzels


The Verdict:
-Delicious bite-sized treats!


Original Recipe from: moonkittie on Instructables

No comments:

Post a Comment