December 5, 2012-Snickerdoodles
Ingredients:
1/2c butter, softened1/2c crisco (I like butter flavored)
1 1/2c sugar
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla
2 3/4c AP flour
1tsp baking soda (orange box)
1/4tsp salt
2-3tbs cinnamon sugar mixture
[flat bottomed glass/cup]
Directions:
1. Cream butter, crisco, and sugar then beat in eggs one at a time (I usually beat the mixture on medium/high for 1-2min until it lightens and gets fluffy)2. Mix in vanilla, baking soda, and salt then gradually add flour (I usually go 1/2c at a time)
3. Scoop 1-2tbs of the dough (tiny ice cream scoops work well), roll into a ball, and place on baking sheet
4. Dip the bottom of a glass into the dough (makes it sticky) then dip into the cinnamon sugar mixture and then gently press down on the cookie so the cinnamon sugar sticks to the top and it flattens out slightly.
5. Bake @ 375F for 7-9min, until the edges turn golden
Yield: ~4 dozen
The Verdict:
-Delicious, and very good with coffee, so I've heard
Original Recipe from: Grandma Scharfe

what happened to the cream of tartar?? that is what gives it the right texture!!
ReplyDelete