Saturday, December 8, 2012

25DoCC-Maple Chip cookies

I saved these cookies for the weekend because they are more of a two step cookie.  It starts out with a basic chip cookie but you add frosting to the top.  

December 8, 2012-Maple Chip cookies

Ingredients:

-Cookies
1c crisco (I like butter flavored)
1/2c butter, softened
2c packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla
1tsp maple flavoring
3c AP flour
2tsp baking soda (orange box)
2c (1pkg) vanilla chips (white chocolate works too)
+/- 1/2c pecans, chopped (I usually skip these b/c people in my house whine about nuts in the cookies but I'm sure they are delicious)
Yield ~7 dozen

-Frosting
1/4c butter, softened
4c conf sugar
1tsp maple flavoring
1/2tsp vanilla
4-6tbs milk (you can also use whipping cream but then you either need more cream, or add water)
3 1/2c pecan, halves (don't skip these, they make it pretty)









Directions:

1. Cream crisco, butter, and brown sugar then add 1 egg at a time (I usually beat the mixture for 1-2min until it lightens in color to aerate the dough)
2. Gradually add the dry ingredients, then once mixed add the chips and chopped nuts
3. Drop rounded 2tbsful on a non-stick or greased baking sheet (I used a tbs measuring spoon and just had rounded spoonfuls)
4. Bake @ 350F for 8-10min, until the tops start to brown.
5. Cream butter and conf sugar and add vanilla and maple flavoring.  Add milk 1tbs at a time until the frosting reaches the right consistency.  It needs to be spreadable but not runny
6. Frost the cooled cookies and press a pecan half into the top (I used a small ice cream scoop to dollop the frosting on the cookies)
Yield ~7 dozen


The Verdict:
-SO good!  Very sweet but very tasty.


Original Recipe from: "Taste of Home Best Loved Cookies and Bars"

No comments:

Post a Comment