Sunday, December 1, 2013

Cookies-CCC catastrophic

I wanted to make some thank you cookies for all the ladies at work and everyone seems to like chocolate chip cookies so I decided to put a twist on a classic.


Catastrophic Chocolate Chip cookies



Ingredients:

1c butter, softened
3/4c brown sugar
3/4c sugar
1tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1tsp salt
1tsp baking soda
2 1/4c AP flour
1c milk chocolate chips
1c white chocolate chips
1/2c butterscotch chips
1/2c dark chocolate chunks
1c chopped walnuts

Directions:

1.  Cream butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla on medium speed until fluffy.  Then add baking soda, eggs, salt, and add flour on low.
2.  Add in chips and nuts on low.  Drop 2tbsful onto baking sheet.
3.  Bake @375F for 9-11min until golden.
Yield 4 dozen


Notes:
-I intentionally added less dark chocolate and butterscotch because the flavors can be stronger.  This mixture had a nice balance to it.


The Verdict:
These were amazing.  Every bite was different but they all went together well.  It was like getting a different cookie in every bite.  I love lots of chips/nuts in my cookies and these really hit the spot.


Original Recipe from: Tollhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment