Sunday, December 1, 2013

Savory-Corn casserole

I needed a vegetable side for Thanksgiving, so I combined a recipe I found with one Evan had :)


Cheesey Corn Casserole



Ingredients:

6c frozen corn (I like shoepeg)
2 eggs 
3/4c heavy cream
3/4c cream cheese. softened
1 1/2c shredded cheddar (extra sharp)
1tbs salt
1/2tbs black pepper
1tsp paprika
1/2tsp cayenne
(add more if needed after tasting)

(2qt baking dish)

Directions:

1.  Reserve 1/2c shredded cheddar and combine ingredients in a bowl.
2.  Spread into buttered baking dish and sprinkle with remainder of the cheese.  Bake @375F for 30-40min (until bubbling)
Yield 2qt (9x13in dish)


Notes:
-I didn't measure out the spices I just added until it tasted right so the measurements here might be a little underestimated.
-Could use different cheese if desired.


The Verdict:
SOOO good.  Definitely making this again!


Original Recipe from: Food Network Magazine November 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment