Sunday, December 1, 2013

Cookies-PB cookies

One of my boss's favorite cookies is good old fashioned peanut butter.  I'm not a big fan of peanut butter in my sweets but I figured I'd give it a try.


Simple Peanut Butter cookies


no picture :(

Ingredients:

3/4c packed brown sugar
1/2c butter
1tsp vanilla
1c crunchy peanut butter (I used honey roasted)
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1c AP flour

+/- 1c chocolate chips and 1tbs vegetable oil

Directions:

1.  Cream butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.  Then add peanut butter and egg.
2.  Add baking soda, salt, and flour and mix on low speed until integrated.
3.  Place rounded tspfuls onto baking sheet and press down and flatten with fork to make checkerboard pattern.
4.  Bake @350F for 12-15min
5.  Once cool dip into melting chocolate and oil mixture if desired.
Yield 4 dozen


Notes:
-If you decide to dip them in chocolate adding vegetable oil makes the chocolate clump less.
-I dipped mine in milk and white chocolate but a lot of people just like these plain


The Verdict:
Tastes like a traditional peanut butter cookie.  I liked that the honey roasted pb gave it a little more sweetness.


Original Recipe from: The Great Big Cookie Book

No comments:

Post a Comment